Monday, April 16, 2007

5


Boasting wraiths deceit-destroyed,
By bloodthirst grown abhorrent,
Flap round the flaps of my tent
Where I lie, drenched and groaning.

In love I long and will to enter
The house of fear and longing,
Love of truth. Seductions wait:
Make my way straight and straighter.

Perfumed tongues make a clever grate,
Screen a secluded sewer, lush
With churning excrement: all fecund
Brilliant green degraded.

Choke them on their fetid stench!
Throttled by their self-bred snakes!
My song is refuge and defense:
Favour in peace, a shield in battle.


© Dan Goorevitch, 1998

2 comments:

so what said...

"STRAIGHT AND STRAIGHTER" IS THE PROPERTY OF Q&A, INC. AND YOU ARE HEREBY WARNED NOT TO USE IT ANY FURTHER WITHOUT PERMISSION, WHICH IS HEREBY GRANTED. THANK YOU.

Dan Goorevitch said...

You are insane. I used the phrase, which has Biblical roots, in a POEM for an EXPRESSIVE purpose, not in a COMMERCIAL PRODUCT which I was pitching by using a trademark or copyrighted phrase.